Leominster, MA, February 6th & 20th, 2020. Free. The North Central Family Network and Parent Professional Advocacy Network Transition Age Youth parent – support groups are for those wanting to support their young adult ages 14 – 26 with a variety of mental health challenges.
Open to Parents/Caregivers, Young Adults and Providers.
This week’s topic: Pre-Employment Transition Services (WORK,INC.)
Speaker: Paula Collins, Assistant Vice President at Work,Inc.
Did you know that WORK,Inc. creates opportunities for Independent living
and work for transition age youth? Learn about:
* Pre-Employment Transition Services.
* Job interest assessments & Resumes.
* Job search and job shadowing.
For more information or to RSVP contact Aberube@ppal.net, 508-767-9725
* This group meets in Leominster 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month.
Other programs include: Helping Youth on the Path to Employment. (HYPE) is a free 12 week course for young adults (ages 18-30) which provides flexible, solution focused, career-oriented services based on needs and preferences, including but not limited to:
● Exploring opportunities
● Getting a job
● Enrolling in and completing college or vocational-technical programs
● Securing academic funding.
For more information contact http://ppal.net/ or contact contact Ann or the PPAL office at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org 508-767-9725 This groups typically meets twice a month
* Share your successes and challenges with raising a child with emotional and behavioral health need.
* Learn helpful tips and tools while creating a new support network.
* Join interactive conversations about the journey from adolescents to adulthood and the parent experience