Watertown, January 10, 2020. For ages Ages 13 – 22. To gain independence and navigate the life, it is important to be aware of your surroundings, understand the potential hazards of a given situation, and have the skills to respond effectively when things go wrong.
* Whether using social media, surfing the internet, making a purchase at a store, or traveling in a public place, there is always the risk that we could fall victim to the ill-intentions of others.
* The Self-Defense program will help visually impaired students learn the mental and physical skills needed to identify warning signs, and to respond decisively to defend themselves.
This program targets several ECC skills with particular focus on the following:
- Independent Living Skills
- Use of Assistive Technology
- Social Interaction Skills
Fees apply, registration is required to www.perkins.org/get-involved/events/self-defense-training or contact Patrick Ryan,Supervisor of Short Courses, 617-972-7812, Patrick.Ryan@Perkins.org