Marlborough, October 3rd, 2019. The Shared Living and AFC (Adult Family Care) Special-Needs Adult Living Conference will feature a variety of Key Note speakers and workshop presenters.
* The goal of this event is to educate and promote best practices of all forms of Shared Living and AFC options through a national annual conference, and to provide and exchange practical information and innovative ideas that promote Shared Living and AFC as a model of choice where people can live in a dignified, normative living arrangement.
* Find workshops, presenters and more.
. For more information visit http://sharedlivingandafcconference.com/workshops-2019/
2019 Workshop Descriptions and Presenter Bios:
- Loneliness: The Great Unspoken Crisis and the strategies you need to fight it.
- Planning for the Future-ABLE Accounts Course Description
- Dementia Conversations: Helping Families Navigate Difficult Topics
- Emergency Preparedness for the IDD Community
- Guardianship and Supported Decision Making
- Understanding Accountable Care and the Changing Healthcare in Massachusetts
- 22 at 20: A Non-Traditional Transition Story – 7 YEARS LATER
- Trauma Informed Care
- Supporting Healthy Sexuality; It’s a Human Thing
- Pathways to Friendship-Supporting Friendships Between People with and Without Disabilities
- Facilitating Community Membership
- Incorporating Diagnosis into Effective Treatment Planning
- Transition 101
- Special Needs Planning and Advocacy
- Workshop Title: Alternate Endings: An Overview on End of Life Options, Hospice and Palliative Care
- LTSS Core Assessment and Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Creative Community and Resource Connections
- Keynote Breakout: HK Derryberry and Jim Bradford . In this breakout session, from the keynote speakers HK Derryberry & Jim Bradford, the workshop participants will discuss the central theme of Jim’s message and what they were able to glean from it. They will be encouraged to discuss what messages are most relevant in today’s world.