Worcester, May 17th, 2019. The 25th Silver Anniversary Shared Living and AFC (Adult Family Care) Special-Needs Adult Living Conference will feature a variety of Key Note speakers and workshop presenters.
*The goal of the AFC Summit has been to provide an educational and supportive forum for Adult Family Care provider organizations to discuss, develop and share knowledge. Central to the Summit’s mission is imparting best practice approaches through collaboration with trainers & presenters who have demonstrated expertise in their areas.
* Find workshops, presenters and more.
. For more information visit www.nonotuck.com/index.php/afc-summit?fbclid=IwAR3NA6SsGv5J8aNPXlaw0kbdptHy-3xJTjJ-gjrFNqwSClYFAKAl9t3sIGA or contact 413-586-5256.
- Community Health Workers as Part of Multidisciplinary Teams: Exploring Models That Work! Erica Guimaraes, Program Coordinator, Office of Community Health Workers, Department of Public Health.
- Social Security Disability and SSI. Sabrina Feliciano, Metropolitan Public Affairs Specialist for the Social Security Administration
- Becoming a Resilience Warrior: The Path to Well-Being. Julie Chartier, Registered Nurse; Nonotuck Resource
- TBI TALK: Truth, Science, and Survivor Wisdom. Kristen Kocot, M.A., LMHC, CEO/Lead Consultant, Therapeutic Behavioral Interventions (TBI)s. Co-Presenter: Kate Harvie, Author of: Believe It and Behave It: How to Restart, Reset, and Reframe Your Life. building.
- Building Bridges: Creating Relationships that Build Lives of Dignity.
Presenter: Cheryl Ryan Chan; Parent, Advocate, Person Centered Planner.
- Quality Matters: A Panel Discussion. Representatives from AFC providers of different sizes from across the state will discuss their approaches to providing high quality AFC services. The focus will include how these providers have structured their AFC program operations to offer a consistently quality service to families, caretakers and individuals. Presenter: Mollie Murphy, Co-Founder, Annkissam, a software company that specializes in software for Home and Community-Based Service.
- Alternatives to Guardianship – Presenter: Michael Kendrick PhD, Director, Supported Decision Making Initiatives, Center for Public Representation, Northampton, Massachusetts.
- Hoarding Assessment, Communication and Teambuilding. Presenter -Erika Woods, Senior Environmental Specialist/ Deputy Director; Barnstable County Department of Health and Environment and Chair of the Cape Cod Hoarding Task Force.
- Cannabis Legalization in Massachusetts – Presenter: Jennifer L. Flanagan, Commissioner, Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission.
- Managed Care: Now and Looking Forward. Presenter: Jeff Keilson, Vice President of Strategic Planning, Advocates.
- Dementia Conversations: Helping Families Navigate Difficult Topics. Presenter: Nicole McGurin, Family Services Director, Alzheimer’s Association MA/NH Chapter.
- UMass Opioid Crisis Task Force Training. Presenter : Dr. Kavita M. Babu, Chief Opioid Officer, Toxicologist and Emergency Medicine Physician at UMass Memorial.
- What Resources are Available? Answers Regarding Transportation, Housing Options, and SNAP benefits. Presenter: Catherin Boyle, Housing Pathways. Co-Presenter -Rachel Fichtenbaum, EOHHS Mobility Manager, MassMobility, Executive Office of Health and Human Services. Co -presenter Kevin Pouv, Department of Transitional Assistance, Staff Initiatives.