Swansea, MA, through January 27, 2020. Free. Community Autism Resources Presents: PEERS® for Young Adults – A Social skills group for young adults ages 18+ with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
* Openings for 8 individuals that are ready and motivated to:
- learn how to successfully make and keep lasting friendships.
- learn how to stay safe while meeting people on social media platforms.
- learn how to handle bullying.
- discuss dating topics such as; letting someone know you like them, going on dates, dating dos and don’ts, and how to handle dating pressure.
The young adults must attend each session with a social coach*. (A social coach can be be anyone that the young adult has a good relationship with and spends a significant amount of time with, i.e.parent, adult sibling, trusted friend, support staff, co-worker, etc…)
* To receive a certificate of completion, they cannot miss more than 3 sessions.
* To start the intake process. The intake is just a simple phone call with the young adult participating and their social coach as well as 3 “pre-tests” that will need to be filled out prior to the first session.
To register or if you have any questions contact Mary Fox, Certified PEERS® Provider, 774-381-7919 Mfox@community-autism-resources.com