Waltham, MA, March 23rd, 2019. This Landmark College conferences features networking opportunities, presentations from researchers, conversations with neurodiverse young adults, and companies with neurodiversity hiring initiatives, such as
* Hosted by Landmark College, it will features presentations on hiring and internships by companies such as Fidelity, Microsoft, EY, JP Morgan Chase & CO and MassGeneral Hospital for Children. Explore how to make the workplace work for you.
* Presentations include:
- Cognitive Reappraisal as a Strategy for Difficult Workplace Situations -Manju Banerjee, Ph.D. Researcher, educator, professional development trainer with 30 years of experience in learning disabilities, ADHD, and disability services.
- Young Adult Panel – Moderated by LeDerick Horne, Nationally renowned activist, speaker and advocate on learning disabilities.
- Entrepreneurship: Creating your own path – Marc L. Hoffman. Entrepreneur, motivational speaker, and educational therapist, and national advocate in the LD/ADHD community.
- Transitioning from School to Workplace – Shivohn N. Garcia, Ph.D. and Natalie Tamburello, National Center for Learning Disabilities, Young Adult Initiatives.
- Managing Your Emotions in the Workplace – Chris Carlin, LCSW. Founder and Director of Clinical Services at the ASD Center for Therapeutic Services
- Neurodiversity Hiring Panel: Moderated by Suzanne Lang, Parent and partner advisor for Understood at the Poses Family Foundation – Representatives from Microsoft, EY, JP Morgan Chase, Fidelity Investments, and Massachusetts General Hospital for Children will discuss their neurodiversity hiring initiatives and offer advice to job-seekers for navigating the workplace.
- Networking Session: Representatives from companies and presenters will be available to answer questions and talk with attendees. There will be “table talk” groups so that you can connect with others with common interests.
For more information visit www.landmark.edu/research-training/events or contact 802-387-1662