Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner, March 22, 2019, times TBA. The Department of Mental Health Central Mass Area will host its annual “Success-Fest – Resilience”.
* This event is a forum for young adults, young adult allies, parents, DMH staff, and community providers to recognize and celebrate Resilience.
* Hear local experts and community providers highlight promising practices and innovative ideas, demonstrations and interactive experiences for attendees to use multi-media art and sensory opportunities to build Resilience, opportunities to share and build connections.
CHECK BACK FOR THE 2019 EVENTS FOR THE DAY.
In 2018 the day’s format included:
- Speakers who have insight and experience with the young adult culture and parenting young adults
- interactive workshops
- a poster session involving local experts and community providers to highlight promising practices and innovative ideas
- awards and prizes to acknowledge the select work of committed individuals.
- a forum for young adults, young adult allies, parents, DMH staff, and community providers to network, share available resources and creative opportunities, and ultimately create a “toolbox” to:
– enhance the support for young adults and those in their lives including skills related to
– expanding their peer and community network
– learning how to live both together and apart as adolescents transition into young adulthood_
– how to support each other (including peers, parents, and young adults) during the transition period
– what defines caring for a young adult; and what defines being a young adult.
- Celebrate the specialness of the transition-age family.
- Highlight accomplishments of young adults and parents to inspire ongoing achievements.
- Motivate our communities to continue progress in supporting success for young adults and those involved in their lives.
- Promote peer roles of young adults and parents, including their role in designing effective treatment practices.
For more information visit https://go.activecalendar.com/massdmh/event/4th-annual-success-fest/ or contact Kerry.Roberts@massmail.state.ma.us or 774-420-3104