Watertown, February 17th – 23rd, 2019. Application deadline is December 1st, 2018. The Pre-Employment Program (PEP) is an intensive one-week residential workshop that equips young adults with the skills necessary for workplace success. PEP offers specific instruction on how to conduct a job interview, what to wear to work and how to disclose a disability to a potential employer is necessary for people whose blindness prevents incidental learning.
Critical skills at a critical age to be covered include:
- Rigorous preparation for young adults ages 16 to 22 who are blind or visually impaired
- Real-life perspective from successful leading corporations such as Tufts Health Plan, Spaulding Rehabilitation Network, WinterWyman, Wells Fargo and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- A chance to tour real worksites including a visit to Google’s Cambridge campus
- Designed in collaboration with Dr. Karen Wolffe, a renowned international expert on career counseling for people who are blind or visually impaired, and led by Perkins educators
- Applicable to internships, summer employment, college work-study jobs and careers
Fees apply, registration and deadline info can be found at www.perkins.org/school/public/short-courses/pre-employment-program or contact 617-972-7812 or Patrick.Ryan@Perkins.org