Wayland, through August 26th, 2018. This group is for young adults, ages 18-27, who are on the spectrum, high functioning and motivated to improve their ability to make and keep friends. The first sessions work on skills understanding and development. Later sessions include developing relationships and fun ways to practice social skills, including eating dinner together, games, mini golf and a picnic. * This is a community support group held at the Weaver Center facility. It is not a Weaver Center therapeutic program.
- Session 1 – June 24th: Overview of program and Basic Social Skills Education
- Session 2 – July 1st: Subtle Social Skills
- Session 3 – July 8: Keeping Calm
- Session 4 – July 15: Keeping Positive
- Session 5 – July 22: Developing Relationships
- Session 6 – July 29: Practice Social Skills – Supporting Each other – dinner and games
- Session 7 – August 5: Practice Social Skills – Supporting Each other – picnic, mini golf
- Session 8 -August 12: Dinner – Questionnaire – Setting social goals for off week
- Session 9 – August 26: Dinner – Review of social activity
Note: Scheduled activities will be modified to meet the interests of the participants as much as possible. The program activities will become more specific for future programming.
Fees apply, registration is required to Linda Thalheimer, Linda@ThalheimerInsurance.com, 617-201-2499