Quinsigamond Community College, Worcester, March 13, 2017, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. The Department of Mental Health Central Mass Area will host its annual “Success-Fest – Filling Your ‘Toolbox’ to be Most Successful!” For any young adult and parents of young adults (neither needs to be connected to DMH or any other services), Parent/ Peer Specialists, administrative and or clinical providers, DMH Site and Area Offices, and state-operated program. The day’s format will include:
- include speakers who have great insight and experience with the young adult culture and parenting young adults
- interactive workshops
- a poster session involving local experts and community providers to highlight promising practices and innovative ideas
- awards and prizes to acknowledge the select work of committed individuals.
- a forum for young adults, young adult allies, parents, DMH staff, and community providers to network, share available resources and creative opportunities, and ultimately create a “toolbox” to:
– enhance the support for young adults and those in their lives including skills related to
– expanding their peer and community network
– learning how to live both together and apart as adolescents transition into young adulthood_
– how to support each other (including peers, parents, and young adults) during the transition period
– what defines caring for a young adult; and what defines being a young adult.
- Celebrate the specialness of the transition-age family.
- Highlight accomplishments of young adults and parents to inspire ongoing achievements.
- Motivate our communities to continue progress in supporting success for young adults and those involved in their lives.
- Promote peer roles of young adults and parents, including their role in designing effective treatment practices.
Location: Quinsingamond College – 670 W Boylston St, Worcester, MA 01606
For more information visit www.cbhknowledge.center/training-events/2017/3/13/first-annual-success-fest-filling-your-toolbox-to-be-most-successful